Table of Contents
Ideas, Recipes, and Tips to Use Aloe Vera Leaves
If you are lucky enough to grow aloe vera leaves at home, you can use them for many purposes. Aloe vera recipe idea. The benefits of this plant can be attributed to its numerous properties and can be used in many different ways. Here are some tips on how to use aloe vera leaves:
- Freshly peeled leaves of the plant (or frozen or stored in the refrigerator) can be rubbed directly on the skin to speed up the healing process of scratches and insect bites;
- The gel extracted from the pulp of the leaf has soothing, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. The gel extracted from the pulp of the leaves has soothing, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties, so it can be used to smooth wrinkles, remove pimples and heal open wounds and burns;
- You can still obtain juice from the leaves with a solid slimming and detoxifying action. Few people know it, but drinking aloe vera helps eliminate waste and toxins faster, facilitates digestion, and also has laxative, anti-gas, and anti-spastic properties;
- Lastly, aloe vera gel can also be used on the scalp to strengthen hair and normalize dandruff and oil production.
How to Make Aloe Vera Cream at Home
Aloe vera leaves, fresh or frozen or stored in the refrigerator, as explained in the article “How to freeze aloe and use it at home,” can be used as-is to soothe skin irritations and sores. It is enough to peel a leaf from the plant (or take the frozen leaf out of the freezer) and gently rub it on the face.
However, if you have a little more time on your hands, you can use aloe vera leaves to make homemade aloe vera cream.
To make aloe vera cream, you need to have:
• 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel obtained from fresh leaves;
• 1 tablespoon of shea butter;
• ten drops of argan oil.
To prepare it, proceed as follows:
• Melt the shea butter in a bain-marie in a glass container;
• Once the shea butter has melted, add the argan oil and, when the mixture is hot, the aloe gel;
• Mix everything with a wooden spoon.
This cream can be used both to hydrate and soften the skin and for a regenerating mask or a hair pack. If you don’t have shea butter, you can also substitute four drops of almond oil or the pulp of half an avocado and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
As the DIY aloe vera cream does not contain any preservatives, we recommend that you store it in a sterilized glass jar in the fridge.
How is The Aloe Vera Scrub Prepared?
The soothing, purifying, and decongesting properties of Aloe Vera can also be used to prepare an effective scrub to apply to the skin of the face and body.
Many people forget to include exfoliation in their daily skincare routine. However, its importance is essential to remove dead skin cells and restore freshness and vitality to the most superficial layers of the epidermis.
To Make The Aloe Vera Scrub, Proceed as follows:
• Mix half a bowl of aloe vera gel with a few tablespoons of raw brown sugar;
• Apply the mixture on the face and body, massaging gently;
• We place particular emphasis on the rougher skin of the elbows, heels, and knees;
• Remove the scrub with a slightly damp sponge.
Aloe Vera Exfoliating Gel is also great for removing tan residue when heading back into town from vacation.
How To Prepare Aloe Vera for Drinking
With aloe vera leaves, you can also prepare an excellent aloe juice drink, a product that can be found ready-made in stores but can also be made at home if you have large enough aloe plants (find out which ones are here). These are the main differences between aloe vera juice and aloe vera gel).
First, most aloe vera juices found in pharmacies, drugstores, or supermarkets are made by centrifuging the whole leaf after extracting aloin, a bitter and reddish substance with a powerful, bitter, reddish substance with powerful laxative properties.
Separating the aloin from the leaf is quite complicated. To prepare aloe vera for drinking at home, we suggest that you use only the gelatinous pulp inside, which, unlike the skin, does not contain aloin.
To Prepare The Aloe Juice, Proceed as follows:
• We extract some leaves from our mature aloe plant and wash them well underwater;
• With a sharp knife cut the ends of the leaves and remove the skin from the sides;
• With a potato peeler, we also remove the outer skin that covers the leaves on both sides;
• With a spoon, we extract the pulp from the inside;
• We immediately put the pulp in the blender to make our aloe vera juice.
Aloe vera juice should be consumed fresh or kept in the refrigerator for five days.